Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A HAPPY song for a HAPPY day!

This is McKenzie's Happy Song. She sings it often...she sings her "luv u" song a lot too. I love listening to her sing. And today, well today, I received "happy" news so I figured the video for today was fitting.


The news you may ask?

For the first time in 3 1/2 years my insect venom levels were down!!!

I have struggled with severe anaphlaxis reactions to stinging insects for a long time. 3 1/2 years ago I was skin tested and started immunotherapy shots to try and reduce my risk those reactions if I were to be stung. I continued with the shots through all of the moves and through my pregnancy with McKenzie. After she was born I started having anaphylaxis reactions with the immunotherapy shots. Doesn't make for a great day let me tell ya! Just ask Daniel, Lolo and Granna - of course McKenzie may have a different opinion as she thought it was fun to ride in the ambulance ;) Since that day I stopped ALL shots and discussed other options...which in the medical field weren't any. Daniel and I started researching "alternative" options. We came across "laser therapy" and I was intrigued. Turns out there was a naturopath here in Newnan who used this technique. After much prayer and thought, Daniel and I decided to give it a try. I mean seriously what could it hurt...I had nothing to lose at this point. Get stung = anaphylaxis within a minute....get a shot = series of delayed reactions ...either way = I'm screwed!

Here's the picture - my venom levels in my blood are high and it's a life and death situation.

Playing outside with my toddler by myself during the day - YEAH RIGHT! (which is really sad!)

Turns out my chiropractor recommended "Dr. Rick" to me and he's the one who does the laser treatments - wahoo! I started the series of 12 treatments which are non invasive and he points a little laser around my ears. You can read more about it HERE.

I finished the treatments a few months ago and have continued to work with him in improving my health and I can't say enough about him. God is using him in a mighty way! After way the 180 days for my blood to recirculate I went back to the allergist (i.e. 2 weeks ago). I asked them if they could draw my blood again and re-test the levels to see if it had helped any at all. I didn't want to get my hopes up but this morning the results were in...the levels were down! I cannot express the joy in my heart and may all the praise go to God! My wasp category came down from a 3 to a 2 as well as the fire ant level (which the fire ants cause me the most problems). All of the stinging insect numbers decreased. Now a category 2 is still pretty serious but they are lower. After 3 years of shots my numbers had INCREASED after they were supposed to drop. Go figure that one.

Of course the Allergist says "there's no scientific proof showing that this will continue to work." To which I replied, "no there's not but those numbers sure don't lie!"

I will continue with the laser treatments and avoid shots at all cost.

God isn't scientific... My God performs miracles!

So today, we sing a Happy Song :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great report. God answers prayer!

Grandma Scheltema

The Sanders said...

Cute!...and glad to hear the good news. :)